Your 4 Summer Self Storage Tips to Make Memorial Day Memorable
As the de facto start of summer, Memorial Day Weekend is the perfect time to rent a self-storage unit or visit your storage unit to store your cold-weather seasonal items and get ready for summer with all the gear that's been patiently awaiting your return.
But before you break into the cooler and start applying the sunscreen, make sure to include some time for remembrance and gratitude for the servicemen and women who’ve given the ultimate sacrifice to protect the freedom of all Americans.
If the past holds true, the weather over Memorial Day Weekend is going to be near-perfect and the three-day weekend offers plenty of opportunities to fire up the grill, escape to a favorite adventure spot, spend time with family and friends, and maybe even complete a few chores around the house.
Store Space is Your Home for Summer Self Storage
In the weeks leading up to Memorial Day, self-storage is going to be critical to planning your summer. Whether you have a storage unit already, have thought about renting one, or will need one in the near future, Store Space is here to help. We offer easy and affordable storage solutions in a wide range of sizes to accommodate most needs.
At Store Space, our storage facilities have units ranging from 5’ by 5’ to 10’ x 20’ and many in between. Many facilities offer vehicle storage solutions, including RV, boat, motorcycle and car storage options. Features, amenities and availability may vary by location, and our available inventory is always posted on our store pages.
Get your Summer Things out of Storage
For homeowners and renters alike, it’s time to get the winter gear into storage and the summer gear to your garage, backyard or wherever it can easily be accessed.
Things to bring home from storage:
- Summer Sports Gear
- Outdoor Adventure Equipment
- Grills and BBQ Equipment
- Lawn and Garden Tools
- Patio Furniture, Hammocks and Umbrellas
- Pool Toys and Lounge Furniture
- Personal Watercraft and Boats
- Recreational Vehicles and Side by Sides
- Bicycles and Motorcycles
- Window Screens
Here are a few tips to remember when taking stored items out of your storage unit:
- Bring additional rope, bungee cords and tie-down straps to secure loads in pickup truck beds, vans or trailers.
- Bring a tire pressure gauge and an air compressor in case any vehicle tires have gone flat or lost air pressure.
- Bring an extra gallon of fuel for vehicles that need to be driven away, such as an RV or motorcycle.
- Make sure there’s space reserved at home for anything coming home!
Summer Self Storage: Store your winter items until you need them
Don’t forget to use your self-storage unit year-round. Whatever comes out of a storage unit can swap places with something going into a storage unit.
Things to put into storage:
- Bulky Winter Clothing
- Ski Gear and Snowshoes
- Snow Shovels
- Holiday Decorations
- Storm Windows
- Anything Cluttering up the House
Here are a few tips to remember for items you might be moving into storage:
- When storing winter items, remember to make sure they are completely dry before putting them in a box or tote.
- Use a vacuum cleaner and a trash bag to compress bulky items to save space while storing.
- Remove as much fuel as possible from small engines. While a fuel stabilizer probably isn’t necessary in the summer months, it’s a good idea to have some on hand if you’re storing for an extended period of time.
- Use a trash barrel to store tall items, such as snow shovels and ski poles, so they don’t fall over.
Wrapping Up: Summer Self Storage
Whether you spent winter and spring bundling up and braving the cold or hibernating and waiting for warm weather, there’s no denying that summer’s finally here. So, as you transition between seasons, use your summer self storage unit wisely to get maximum return on your storage space.
Now that you’re firming up your plans for the unofficial start of summer, remember to keep Store Space in mind when need storage now or any time throughout the year!
Use our storage location finder or call us at 833-786-7366 for the store nearest you!